FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Booking With Dwell Vacations
We strongly recommend booking direct for the guaranteed best rates. To receive a rental quote for your desired dates, please use the form on each property page to submit a booking request. We’ll contact you within 24 hours. When you are ready to hold your dates, we will send you an email with a direct link for secure payment and a digital rental agreement in order to complete your reservation.
If you prefer to make a reservation using a third-party booking site, our homes are all currently listed on Vrbo and Airbnb. Please keep in mind that there are additional booking fees when booking your reservation through those sites, and you are welcome to book with us directly to avoid those fees.
All rental fees, including pet fees (when applicable), are included in your total rental amount. A 50% deposit is due at the time of booking and the remaining balance is due 90 days prior to your stay.
If at any time you have questions about your reservation, please contact us directly by email.
During the Peak Season (June through August), our properties have a 7-night minimum. In the 2024 Peak Season, our homes are rented from Monday to Monday (Dahlia), Tuesday to Tuesday (Primrose), Wednesday to Wednesday (Apple Blossom), Thursday to Thursday (Sundrop), or Friday to Friday (Dogwood). You can also find this information on the individual property pages.
Please note that the Peak Season at Apple Blossom Resort is from June 1st – September 30th.
During the Late Summer (September), our other properties have a 4-night minimum.
During the Shoulder Season (May & October), our properties have a 3-night minimum.
During the Off-Season (November through April), our homes have a 2-night minimum.
Rental dates and prices vary depending on the time of year and availability. Generally, holidays are premium and require a minimum stay of 4 nights.
The maximum capacity for each home is listed on the individual property page. No more than the number of people that the home will sleep are allowed on the property at any time. The only exception to this rule is special events hosted at Apple Blossom Resort. Please see below for additional information.
We accept all major credit cards, bank transfer & checks.
A 50% down payment and signed rental agreement are required at the time of booking. Both steps are easy to complete online with the final payment then due 90 days prior to check-in.
If your check-in is less than 90 days away, payment in full and signed rental agreement are required at the time of booking.
Primary Guest may cancel their reservation at any time before Check-In on the following conditions:
* If the Reservation Term covers or includes any dates during the Prime Season (defined as days inclusive of May 15th through and including September 15th of any given year), and Primary Guest cancels their reservation on or before January 31st of the same year the reservation is to occur, then any Pre-Paid Booking Fee and Total Fee (if collected) will be refunded, less ten percent (10%) as convenience and administrative fee.
* If the Reservation Term covers or includes any dates during Prime Season and Primary Guest cancels the reservation on or after February 1st of the same year the reservation is scheduled to occur, then the Pre-Paid Booking Fee and Total Fee (if collected) will not be refunded unless Manager re-reserves the Property for the term covered by this Agreement. In the event the Property is re-reserved during the canceled Reservation Term, the fee collected for those days will be refunded, less ten percent (10%) as convenience and administrative fee.
* In the event Primary Guest cancels their reservation on or after February 1st for Reservation Term that falls within the Prime Season, Manager shall make commercially reasonable efforts to re-rent the Property, and will allow Primary Guest to present potential/proposed guests to re-rent the Property during the Primary Guest’s term subject to cancelation. Dwell Vacations reserves the right to decline the proposed guest(s) at its sole discretion, but will not decline any proposed guest unreasonably.
* For Reservation Terms that fall squarely within Shoulder Season (September 16th through and including May 14th), if Primary Guest cancels the reservation at least 90 days before Check-In then the Prepaid Booking Fee will be refunded, less a ten percent (10%) cancelation and administrative fee.
* For Reservation Terms that fall squarely within Shoulder Season, if Primary Guest cancels the reservation less than 90 days before Check-In, then the Prepaid Booking Fee will not be refunded unless Manager re-rents the Property for the Reservation Term, in which case, the rent for those days will be refunded, less ten percent (10%) as convenience and administrative fee. Dwell shall allow Primary Guest to present proposed guests to re-rent the Property during the Primary Guest’s term subject to the cancelation. Dwell Vacations shall reserve the right to decline the proposed guest(s) at its sole discretion, but will not decline any proposed guest unreasonably.
* For any Apple Blossom Resort Event reservation that is scheduled to occur during any dates that include and/or fall between January 1 and June 30, Primary Guest must provide no less than six months’ notice of cancelation.
For any reservation that is scheduled to occur and/or spans dates that include and/or fall between July 1 and December 31, notice of cancelation must occur on or before December 31 of the prior year.
Yes, dogs are welcome with an additional cleaning fee of $100 per pet plus tax.
For all groups staying with us, the renter must be 30 years old or older and the average guest age must be 30 or older. We do not allow prom parties, high school parties, or college/MBA parties.
Our full-time in-house cleaning and property maintenance staff takes the management of our homes very seriously and it shows! We will do everything that we can to ensure that our guests have a safe, comfortable, and pleasant stay at our properties. If guests contact us about any issues during their stay with us, our entirely local crew is very responsive and can quickly provide on-site support to ensure that everyone has an amazing 5-stay experience with Dwell Vacations.
During Your Stay
One of the many benefits of renting directly from the owners is that we have complete control over the quality of our homes. Each property features an array of high-end amenities selected with our guests’ comfort and enjoyment in mind.
Though we provide detailed property-specific information about each property with our guests, in general you can expect the following across all of our properties:
Indoors, the fully-equipped kitchens are stocked with enough place settings, glassware, etc. for the maximum capacity of each home, at least one large-capacity coffee pot, toaster oven, microwave, dishwasher(s), ample refrigeration, and enough pots, pans, and utensils to cook meals for your group. You’ll also find pillow-top mattresses, linens & towels, WiFi, multi-room A/V systems, and a variety of games, books, and other leisure items.
Outdoors, our properties provide a wide range of amenities that can be enjoyed year-round including hot tubs, gas grills, fire pits and/or outdoor fireplaces, and specialized activity areas such as basketball courts, soccer goals, sand boxes, and more. Our properties also feature heated swimming pools that are open seasonally from May 1st to October 31st. If you would like to ask specific questions so you know what to bring, please feel free to email in advance to get additional details.
Our properties are thoughtfully outfitted with many of the household supplies you’d expect to find in your own home.
Kitchens are supplied with at least 3 rolls of paper towels, coffee filters, dish soap & dishwasher pods, multi-purpose cleaners, olive oil, and a variety of spices.
Each bathroom will have 4 rolls of toilet paper to get you started, Public Goods bath products, and enough bath towels for the maximum occupancy of the house.
In addition, you’ll find Turkish beach towels for the pool/hot tub and laundry soap.
We also provide firewood so you can enjoy the outdoor fire pit and indoor fireplace (though we do recommend bringing your own kindling or starter logs).
For families traveling with small children, we also have a variety of baby equipment (high chairs, cribs, pack & plays, etc.), games, toys, and books available. Please contact us directly for more information about specific items for your little ones!
All registered guests receive a link to our properties’ Welcome Books, which include a comprehensive Area Guide with all of our local recommendations, at the time of booking.
We also highly recommend browsing the stunning website for New Buffalo Explored and signing up for their newsletter. We love our community and hope you come to treasure it as much as we do!
We’d be honored to host your wedding or special event and are happy to offer Apple Blossom Resort as Dwell Vacations’ event venue.
With sleeping accommodations for up to 48 people and event-specific amenities on-site, the large private estate is ideal for a wide variety of events. Our specially-designed 6,000 square foot astroturf area & paved ceremony area create a flawless canvas for outdoor events and includes a 40’ x 80’ tent and a selection of event furnishings.
For more information about hosting an event at Apple Blossom Resort, please visit the Events page on our website.
** Please note that events of any kind are not allowed at our Dahlia, Dogwood, Primrose, or Sundrop properties. No exceptions.
Special events at Apple Blossom Resort must meet seasonal minimum night stays (6 nights for Peak Season, 4 nights for Shoulder Season, and 3 nights for Off Season).
An Event Admin Fee determined by your final guest count is required for maintenance and ordinary wear and tear to the property during events.
Event insurance is recommended, but not required.
In addition to the exclusive rental of the entire estate including 3 homes & extensive grounds, all special event rental rates include our Event Package, which includes:
- A 40 ft x 80 ft pole tent with bistro lighting installed on the 60 ft x 100 ft astroturf event space adjacent to the pool and tennis/basketball court
- A 40 ft x 60 ft paved ceremony area
- 150 white resin chairs with pad for the ceremony
- 19 60-inch round dining tables
- 150 natural oak chairs with pad for the reception
- 10 36-inch round high-top tables for cocktail hour (can be set up around the pool or elsewhere)
- A three-unit, fully-stocked upscale executive washroom trailer with heating, air conditioning & running water
- On-site parking for 75 vehicles
The Event Package does not include the following items: linens for the tables, dishware, tent side panels or heaters, additional lighting, bars, dance floors, ceremony arches, or any other decorative items.
Our goal is to provide the perfect blank canvas for our guests to personalize for their events! Any additions to the Event Package outlined above can be sourced from the vendors of your choice.
The property can accommodate up to 75 cars. Parking is not permitted on the grass.
Beer, wine, liquor, and other alcohol must be served by professional bartenders (at renter’s expense) with the proper licenses and insurance for all events. This includes any event during your stay when there are more than 48 people such as a rehearsal dinner, welcome party, or goodbye brunch.
Outdoor event music is allowed until 11:30pm. Music is permitted after-hours for guests staying at the property.
We are happy to provide a curated list of local vendor recommendations on our Events page! Though we do not require that guests work with specific vendors, we do have a growing network of event professionals with previous experience at Apple Blossom Resort that may be perfect for your special event.
Though we wish that we could control the weather, Mother Nature has a mind of her own!
Apple Blossom Resort is designed for outdoor events only and there are no indoor spaces that can accommodate more than 48 people.
For this reason, we strongly encourage all event groups to create a rain/cold weather backup in case it is needed during your stay. Tent side panels and heaters can be rented directly from our tent rental vendor to ensure a comfortable environment for receptions. Some guests have installed a second tent for the ceremony as well, which is permitted as long as the size, location, and installation duration is approved in advance.
Absolutely! We encourage anyone who is considering hosting a special event at Apple Blossom Resort to visit the property as part of their decision-making process.
Site visits are welcome Monday-Friday between 10am-4pm EST anytime that the property is not rented and we do not have guests on-site.
All site visits must be scheduled & approved at least 1 week in advance. Please email us to schedule a visit to view Apple Blossom Resort!